Spent the holiday reading Cal Newport's "Deep Work": Implementation begins

I spent the whole day of Gandhi Jayanti to finish Cal Newport's "Deep Work". While doing so I lowkey jeopardize my quiz of foundation engineering scheduled for tomorrow. Coming to the point, I read the book and it was an eye-opener. Every now and then, I had this urge to start implementing the principles mentioned only to find better techniques just for people like me. So I have calibrated my schedule to train myself to a skilled knowledge worker capable of producing irreplaceable value for the industry.
  •  I have tuned my calendar to get a significant morning chunk for CP deep work. I plan to wake up at 3.30 in the morning. Have negotiated it with my mumma. Seemingly radical, but that's the whole point, since my current schedule or say schdeduleness is cooked beyond possibilities of simple amendments or repairs.
  •  I would ruthlessness eliminate Instagram, Twitter, Reddit and and and ... Linkedin from my life. Effectively, they have zero contribution towards where I stand today, but siphon precious time and attention for extended periods. 
  • I have started tracking my active session for each website I visit to keep tab on time suckers.
  • I have evaluated that mastering CP and Machine learning are the key factors of how I perform in campus placements and I will keep these two as the priority of my life.
  • I will start vlogging for Youtube. 4 hours of bandwidth per week. 
Seems good enough, let's start!


Comments